Friday, March 28, 2008

Verizon cancelled my FiOS TV without warning or reason

After a long week of work, there is nothing more relaxing than sitting back, turning on the TV, and watching your favorite hockey team play a game with extreme playoff implications. However, it is rather frustrating when your FiOS does not work.

A quick call to tech support should fix it. As usual, calling the specified number, 888-553-1555 resulted in the high tech voice menu system quickly routing my call to Macintosh InterNet support. At that point, the technician informed me that I need to call 888-553-1555, the number I had just dialed. He was kind enough to transfer me to Cxxxx in technical support. After giving her my phone number, she was unable to locate my account, then searched in her other system, was able to locate my account there.

Cxxxx informed me that my FiOS TV was cancelled, and that I would need to wait until Monday morning to contact the billing department.

I guess I will miss two very important hockey games, and generally have no television for at least the weekend.

No comments: